Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Finally our dossier is in China!!

I am so excited to move on to the next step in our adoption journey!! We did finally receive our immigration approval in the mail on July 1st.  It was a long 71 days.  I was able to get the approval notarized and certified at the state capitol on that same day.  Then I got it authenticated on Tuesday, July 5th in San Franciso.  I couldn't go on Monday because of the 4th of July holiday.  I overnighted the document to our agency in Colorado.  They were able to get our dossier translated and put together to send to the Chinese government.  My hope was that they would send it on Friday the 8th.  We were told they would email us when they sent it.  Friday came and went and no email came through.  I feel this constant reminder that I need to trust in the Lord.  His timing is always perfect.  I felt pretty good over the weekend, not too disappointed that it wasn't sent.  I thought about it, of course, but not consumed.  I see it as a victory!  Hopefully dreams don't count as being consumed....lol.  I am a dreamer, every night pretty much. Yesterday I wasn't home and texted Doug to check our email to see if the dossier had been sent.  At one point I had him check for another email and was waiting for him to respond.  This was his text: "Just received an email 8 minutes ago that our dossier was sent to China late Friday afternoon!!!!!!!!"  I was secretly hoping that they had sent it Friday and just didn't have the chance to notify us.  It was such great news!!  I also share Doug's quote because he is so cute when he is excited.  I have found that he is just as excited about every step as I am.  Once we decided to adopt our hearts have been in sync.  Not that they usually aren't, but I thought he would be more a go with the flow kind of guy in this process.  He is just as passionate for our little Jack than anyone else.  He even lets me pay the extra fees to overnight these packages so that they get there at 8 rather than 10 the next morning.  It is exciting to share this with my wonderful husband!! 

The next couple steps are:
1) Wait for China to log us in to their system, which is called log in date (LID) after LID we
2) Wait for our Letter of Acceptance (LOA) which is China accepting us to officially adopt Jack. 
These two steps can take up to 10-12 weeks. Yikes that seems like such a long time.  I hope and do pray it is sooner.

1 comment:

  1. I hope and pray it is sooner. What a joy. Keep the faith. Our prayers are with you. Love Carol & Steve

    ReplyDelete